Microfiction: Mittens the cat

Microfiction #1: 280 characters
Mittens the cat liked perching on top of the fan blades because he felt big and he could see on top of the kitchen countertops. Mittens would sit atop his fan while his humans cooked dinner. What Mittens liked the most, however, is when his humans made alfredo and gave him a noodle.

Microfiction #2: 140 characters
Perched in the sky with a dish on his mind,
He surveys his domain, thinking only of its name
A tantalizing treat, a gourmet feast:
Alfredo

Author's Note:
I wrote these two nonsense microfictions about a cat named Mittens who likes alfredo pasta. I decided to write these stories because I already had this picture saved on my computer from earlier in the semester when I made a cat meme for a tech tip, so I figured I would give the cat a bit of a background story because why not. Maybe it's a Garfield rip-off, but oh well. The mental image of a cat slurping a pasta noodle made me happy.

Mittens the cat:

Comments

Popular Posts