Introduction to ... Me

My name is James and I am a multidisciplinary major with a business minor. The best part about my degree is that it is so flexible and I have been able to take a wide variety of courses in my almost four years at OU. Over the past winter break, I took a trip to Angel Fire, New Mexico to ski for several days. I try to ski as much as I can. I have a one and a half year old Gerberian Shepsky named Milo. We hang out most of the time when I am at my house. One of my favorite places in the world is Italy, specifically a small rural town called Caravilli. God willing, I will graduate this spring from OU and start working in Tulsa, where I am originally from. I plan to work for a company and become a managing franchise and ultimately expand with my own location. I listened to over 100,000 minutes of music on Spotify last year which is the highest of anyone I know! I listen to a ridiculous amount of Future, but I also don't regret that. I have two younger siblings, two sisters named Andrea and Jacquelyn. I do a lot of boxing and physical activities in my space time when the Oklahoma weather permits. I also really like being by myself so I tend to keep to myself the vast majority of the time. I grew up around a lot of pretty insane circumstances. I just so happen to have run two marathons when I was 16, but lost the passion for running because it became boring after literally running thousands of miles. I had two surgeries last year and I am hoping to have less than that in 2020. I am hoping that this year brings a lot of good change.

This is Milo from when he's a puppy. He's a little over a year old now but much bigger.

Comments

  1. === comment from AUDREY ===
    Hey James, it's nice to meet you! That's cool that you went to New Mexico to go ski! I've only been skiing once but I stayed on the bunny slopes because well ... I'm a baby haha. I really want to go skiing again but it's so scary thinking of going down a mountain that's basically vertical. I also think it's crazy that you've run marathons because well, I hate running. Literally I don't think I've ever run more than 2 miles at once so there's that. Anyways, I hope you find a passion for it again one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi James. Nice to meet you. Your life sounds really intense. My mom went skiing once and she tore her ACL. She doesn’t ski anymore. That’s an impressive amount of hours spent on music. I would like to say that I’ve listened to more music than that, but I really can’t say. I use YouTube more than Spotify though. Does listening to Future keep you future oriented?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi James,

    I saw how many hours I was on Spotify in December, but now I can't find the data! I have Family Premium. We listen all the time. We bought my daughter a Spotify MP3 player that downloads offline music specifically from Spotify. She loves it.

    I've never been skiing. I hate being cold, so I avoid traveling in the winter. My aunt and uncle used to take my cousin skiing every year. They tried to get us to go multiple times, but my parents also hate being cold, so we declined.

    Is Multidisciplinary the degree that used to be known as Letters? What made you decide to do Multi as a major instead of Business?

    Thanks for sharing!

    -Eden

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of that major before. I am Bio Pre-PA and I get to take all sorts of science classes and it is hard but fun at the same time. That is cool you ski. Why did you not add a photo of your puppy? I bet he is adorable. I actually went to Italy this summer gosh how I miss eating gelato everyday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey James,
    Good luck with your job hunt in Tulsa. I am from OKC, but used to go to Tulsa all the time to go to music shows at Cain's and Brady. Also a big fan of Octoberfest and try to go every year. You ever been?
    I'm also a avid music listener, I'll have to checkout how my minutes compare. Can't blame you for losing the passion for running, every time I get into good running habits in my workout routine I eventually get so bored with it and lose my motivation to do it. In all fairness, that happens with pretty much any regular workout routine I do, I prefer to just be hiking or rock climbing.
    Nice to meet you, good luck with a good year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. James,
    That's really excited that you're going to graduate soon! I can't wait to graduate! Your trip to New Mexico sounds like it was fun, especially since you were doing something you really enjoy. I have never been skiing and I am way too scared to try it now! 100,000 minutes is definitely an impressive amount of time to listen to music! I love listening to music. I believe it is a great way to leave behind some of your stresses and just relax!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi James,

    I am in love with Italy too, I have taken three semesters of Italian at OU and it was such a fun opportunity. I have only been to Rome, Venice and a few areas of Tuscany but I will for sure add Caravilli to that list of future cities I will have to visit! I have never heard of that breed of Milo before, but after looking up a picture, I am certain he is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts