Learning Challenge: I wish my teacher knew...

After reading the article, I felt a lot of sympathy for the teachers. My mom has been a high school teacher for as long as I can remember, and she was blessed with the ability of inspiring trust in her students. I can remember coming to her classroom after school and walking in on yet another one of her students spilling their feelings or problems to my mom. However, unless students approach their teachers first, often it's difficult for the teachers to do anything, or to find out that their help is needed. I think the best thing we can do to to encourage empathy is to always be there to assist those we care about, but never force the issue. It's hard to not interfere when one sees someone hurting, but we ought to keep in mind that sometimes our help may not be wanted. That way, privacy is respected but help is still readily available.

Comments

Popular Posts