Famous Last Words: getting back in the swing of things

In week five I completed several extra credit assignments, so it felt like I spent the majority of my time on other people's blogs this week. However, I've really enjoyed familiarizing myself with other people's stories and introductions, and they've given me fresh ideas for the class moving forward. Out of the different ideas I saw on other's blogs, I liked how one person changed the end of the story, how another person set their story in a different time period, and how another person decided to give one character insane superpowers that made the character able to fight a whole army. I also noticed that in the action and fighting scenes I read, many of my fellow students wrote about the fight in an almost comic book style, with dramatic action shots and inner thought dialogue. It was funny to me that even though these stories aren't American in origin, the rewrites could read similarly to an American comic. I think in the future I'll try playing around with the settings of my stories so that they can take place in various times or locations.
For this class in general, I need to get back on track so I can make an A in the course. Since unfortunately I haven't been completing as many assignments as I need to, I need to apply myself more and complete more extra credit assignments. I'm looking forward to starting the new Mahabharata since I missed some of the Ramayana.
One way that I've found this class to affect my day to day life this week is when I was reminded of Indian epics while talking about Greek mythology. I've always been a big fan of Greek mythology, and earlier this week when a friend was asking me about it I found myself mentally comparing the different stories of the two cultures. This is a laurel wreath, a Greek symbol I want to get tattooed that means victory.


Comments

Popular Posts