Week 2 Reading Overview (2)

The version of the Ramayana I have chosen to use will be the PDE online version. I have chosen this because it comes with notes and images, both things I think will be helpful in this course given that it is all online. It's also free. I chose Hakka and Bukka simply because it seemed like the most interesting and also made me feel like the story could be an adventure. I also like the look of the Ganesha story, the mover of objects. As far as the videos go, the 60 second video about the Sanskrit language and the Indian/Greek mythological parallel videos seem the most interesting to me! Especially the one that highlights the similarities between two major mythological histories.



Here is an image of ... Indra
by Sudhansu Ajaudharany (ca. 1930)
The San Diego Museum of Art at Flickr.

Comments

Popular Posts