Storybook Favorites

The first storybook I am interested in is The Labyrinth. I am interested in this storybook because it deals with people's darker sides and conflict. The topic does a good job of explaining the kind of stories I will be reading because the introduction gives a good idea of what to expect. The way the page is laid out, one can imagine the provoking questions the images on the page encourage. Overall, the layout of the page is appealing and is part of what drew me in to this topic. As for my own project, I really do not know if I will take anything from this to add.

Another story that caught my attention was Hades Iliad. Again, the darker themes and stories draw me in, especially people's own personal takes on them. As far as a description of what to expect from the story, I felt this one was a bit more lacking compared to the first example I found. However, I was not confused about what the story would generally be about. The page is laid out neatly and concisely, something I will likely replicate in my own project. Overall, this layout was more simple and less revealing of the story to come.

The last story that I really liked the sound of was a Dragon's Guide to the Elements. The reason this one caught my attention was because I am actually very fond of dragons. I even have a huge one tattooed on my body. The way this person set up their page invites the reader in with the titles and image, before revealing just enough about what is to come in the story to actually make me want to read it. The way things are set up are very aesthetically pleasing to the eye which makes it all the easier to be intrigued. If I were to closely model my own project after any of the stories mentioned, I would likely take most of my inspiration from this third story's setup.

Speaking of dragons, here is one of my favorite dragons from television! From Game of Thrones. 

Comments

Popular Posts